Found on: PCC Natural Markets
There’s nothing like a smoothie for a quick and easy way to get your daily fruit and protein servings. Give this breakfast smoothie a try next time you’re running out the door! It’s got minimal ingredients and is refreshing and filling at the same time. The protein content is perfect for fueling up for your day or repairing muscles after a workout.
Prep Time: 5 min (5 even with a toddler underfoot!)
Makes: 2 servings
- 1 cup soy milk, rice milk or milk
- ½ cup rolled or old fashioned oats
- 1 frozen banana, broken into chunks
- 12 strawberries
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 tablespoons of your favorite protein powder or 2 tablespoons flax oil
Optional: If you didn’t think ahead to freeze a banana, use a regular banana and add ice cubes.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth and creamy!
Nutritional Profile (each serving): 250 cal, 4g fat (0.5 sat), 0mg chol, 65mg sodium, 6g fiber 8g protein