Modified from a recipe found on: allrecipes.com by user BrandySue
There is nothing like a homemade hot cooked breakfast on a cold winter morning. There is nothing better than if it’s ready to eat the second you get up!
This slow-cooker apple cinnamon oats recipe is just the thing on those dark, cold mornings when everyone asks, “What’s for breakfast?” The prep is quick, easy and with a turn of the dial on the slow-cooker the night before, you’ll have a hearty and delicious breakfast waiting for you in the morning.
Easy Peasy and perfect fuel for your day!
Prep Time: 10 min
Slow Cook Time: 6 hours
Makes: 4-6 servings (depending how much you love oatmeal!)
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 ½ cup milk
- 2 Granny Smith apples- peeled and chopped
- ½ cup raisins (or another favorite dried fruit)
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Place the steel cut oats, milk, apple, raisins, butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla extract into a slow-cooker, and stir to combine.
- Cover the cooker, set to Low.
- Cook 6 hours.
- Top with walnuts or your favorite dried fruit then enjoy!
- Add a bit of protein by stirring in some yogurt or protein powder to your serving.
- Be sure to use steel cut oats not old fashioned or quick cook — they will hold up better in the slow-cooker.
- Don’t overcook or oats may become mushy or burnt.
- You can also cook these up during the day & reheat the next morning.